In general, I did get a very polite and warm Yorkshire welcome and left for my trip back down south wondering how long it will be before Leeds United may become giants in the English game again. For details of disabled facilities and club contact at the ground please visit the relevant page on the Food and drinks were reasonably priced, stewards weren't too strict (minus the incident when one fan got himself arrested for some reason). Click for more information. Junior tickets will be priced at just 10 per game in the Family Stand, whilst adult tickets are priced from 20. Although it was a Sunday game on a Bank Holiday weekend, I hadn't been to EllandRoad since the 1970's, so despite the ridiculous ticket price of 39 we went for it. It was an incredible match. Are there any Covid restrictions at the stadium? Here are a few of the many choices available: Elland Road is one of the premier private hire venues in the West Riding of Yorkshire. As I'd not long been a Cardiff fan (after becoming disillusioned by the rich Premier League club I supported), I was itching to attend a game. Knee room was poor but it didn't matter as we most;y stood during the game. Leeds came incredibly close to making themselves a permanent Premier League force during the late nineties and early noughties. My heart sank and I could see this was the point where we had truly entered the lions' den. Revie (North) and South Stands: We returned to the car and we didn't encounter any trouble on the way. section. It was shame that some of the home fans spent more time watching us or trying to abuse us, rather than watching the game. A wonder strike from Michael Flynn for Bradford made it 2-1 to the visitors and a few fans were thrown out for running onto the pitch in celebration. Finding the ground was really easy as it was well signposted nearing the ground was clearly stated and Elland Road can be seen from quite a distance away. how old is alec and kaleb on the shriners commercial. 12 years on and after a record crowd of 57,892 was recorded proper redevelopment was on the table. We went by train and stayed overnight on the Saturday for the 12:30 Sunday kick off. Elland Road has excellent hospitality options befitting one of the finest locations in the city of Leeds. The first 20 mins of the second half saw Norwich dominating play, hitting the post before getting the goal to go 2-1 up. There is an electric scoreboard in one corner of the ground between the South & John Charles Stands. The large Main Stand was impressive but the ground as a whole looked a bit dated, although I do prefer 'old school' stadiums. By continuing to use our site, you agree to us using cookies in accordance with our. I'm not sure that there is disabled access. The match will vary in quality, and I would claim that I could not personally engineer goals, but I would reward their persistence and suggesting that we go for an after match curry. I know that Yorkshire is a proud sporting county and it is surprising that this region defined for me by Countdown, Calendar, cricket, the Kaiser Chiefs, yellow chevrons on the TV, John Charles and 3-2-1 currently does not have a team that is regularly playing in the Premiership. The inside of the stadium was impressive. Responsibly, Click Here for Leeds Complete Fixture List, Click Here for Official Leeds United Videos, Map showing the location of Elland Road, Railway Station and Listed pubs. How easy was your journey/ finding the ground/ car parking? Raining as usual it is January 4th 2023 !! I wasn't anywhere near any home fans as the away end coach car park is separated from the home fans car park. An excellent day, although it was quite a journey from North Wales.I'll certainly look to go to the same fixture and return to Elland Road next season. I was also hoping we could dent their play-off ambitions. At the end of Springwell Street, you come to a roundabout exit road with a zebra crossing in front of you. It has not only been used to host Leeds United games but also rugby matches for Holbeck Rugby Club and the Hunslet Hawks. The ground itself is, in my opinion, quite old and ugly, but the atmosphere was electric. Celtic Park's North Stand has an estimated capacity of approximately 22,000 - Celtic's North Stand was opened in 1995, and was joined by the Jock Stein and Lisbon Lions stands at either end,. Take the next left onto Elland Road for the ground. Elland Road officially opened in 1897 and is home to Leeds United. We asked the policemen if they had delayed kick off but we were told that despite the police trying to get the game delayed so the Bolton fans could enter, Leeds rejected. One row from back. Jamie Larsson(Bradford City fan). Leeds scored first through an own goal from our goalkeeper (who's usually fantastic, and to be honest, didn't play too badly that game) making it 3-1 to Leeds. Leeds, as expected, came flying out the traps second half but our defence stood firm and held out for a much deserved three points. Menu. Leeds is always a good day out whatever the scoreline. At that point in the game, I could not quite argue against him. The club has introduced brand new matchday concession prices for young adults aged 16 to 21 and full time students aged 22+. Elland Road is a football stadium in Beeston, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, which has been the home of Premier League club Leeds United since the club's formation in 1919. The Leeds fans then gave a loud rendition of 'Marching on together' just before kick off. Whether its a ticketing enquiry, a matchday issue or a question for the Elland Road Superstore, find the right department to get in touch with Leeds United. Elland Road remained largely unchanged in the period immediately after and before the war, only really developing when iconic manager Don Revie took over in the 1960s. Very easy as Elland Roadis only a few minutes off the motorway. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game: It was quite easy, all the Leeds fans were in the ground partying so we had quite a hassle free journey back to Leeds city centre and the journey back to Bristol was trouble-free. The view from the away end was ok as we were up near the back, there were a couple of pillars but they didnt really get in the way. A very good day out apart from the result but we are used to that! WestHamOnline.net : West Ham United Online Community. We entered the ground and found our seats and we were directly in line with the touchline, and we had a relatively clear view. The game itself was a cracking one with Leeds as a deserved winners with a goal at each half. It has been a long while since I was watching football from behind poles but that was what I was facing at Elland Road. Elland Road and especially the away section has seen better days, but Elland Road is still worth a visit. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides ofElland RoadStadium? We had decided to stay overnight in Leeds, so before the game we parked up at the hotel in the city centre and caught a taxi to the ground, which cost about a fiver. There was a nearby chip shop, but with a massive queue, a Subway and a few burger vans. Inside the concourse itself and outside the ground youd have to be particularly ungenerous to pick faults with the matchday arrangements, with the turnstiles, concourse, and kiosks operating in an unexpectedly efficient manner. You are right next to the Leeds Kop and as the Leeds team song was played out over the loud speaker (and that was a pleasant change to the Electro Pop that is standard material at most grounds around the UK,) everyone seemed to be emotionally ready for the game. The Norwich fans kept on singing encouraging our team thinking this could be a good away win, however it wasnt to be. If you are coming to a game at Elland Road and especially for a bigger match, I would recommend parking in roads around Ring Road Beeston but beware of Matchday restrictions. From the ratings submitted, Seat Blocks at Elland Road have been given an average rating of 2 out of 5. Getting away from the ground was easy and quite quick, despite a traffic jam as we were getting out of the car park. L38 Elland Road (3) L39 Elland Road; L43 Elland Road (1) L44 Elland Road (1) N10 Elland Road (1) N12 Elland Road; SE1 Elland Road (1) SE3 Elland Road; SS1 Elland Road (2) SS2 Elland Road (1) West Stand Hospitality Elland Road; More Views ; East stand upper tier Elland Road (1) Gantry Elland Road (1) N4 North Stand Lower Elland Road (1) north . Leeds United Mad (Footy Mad Network) Elland Road has been the venue of some fantastic events, from stadium gigs, to evenings with Hollywood stars . Really and truly the whole ground sings together. Peter Risdales plans in 2001 were scuppered by financial turmoil, and recently emerged plans to remodel the ground for the 2018 world cup have all but failed as they were contingent on England being awarded the right to host the tournament. It has not only been used to host Leeds United games but also rugby matches for Holbeck Rugby Club and the Hunslet Hawks. Your email address will not be published. Built in 1897 and opening the same year, it spent seven years as the home of Holbeck Rugby Club and was originally called The Old Peacock Ground, named after the pub that stood opposite to it. The game itself was not the most entertaining encounter compared to the 2-2 draw earlier on in the season at Ashton Gate but it was still a good, close, and even affair. But it didn't last long with Leeds equalising early in the second half. I would certainly visit Elland Roadagain. Elland Road is a football stadium in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, which has been the home of Leeds United F.C. The closest hotel to Elland Road is The Premier Inn Leeds City West Hotel which is located on the other side of the M621 accessible from Gelderd Road. Elland Road Leeds United vs Brentford FC People shouldn't be charged full price for seat like this not facing the playing area. The locals were friendly with some football chat, we had one pint after our breakfast and headed for the shuttle buses that are twominute walk away. Elland Road comprises four main stands - the Revie Stand, the East Stand, the South Stand and the John Charles Stand. Please visit the official website of Leeds United for full information on changes due to the Coronavirus. An awful journey. Elland Road can furthermore be reached . East Stand Upper Wing price - back eight rows only. But I'll be back if we play them again next season. East stand upper tier Elland Road (1) Gantry Elland Road (1) N4 North Stand Lower Elland Road (1) north east Elland Road; West Stand Elland Road (1) 0871 334 1919 Built in 1897 Elland Road is a football stadium located in the West Yorkshire city of Leeds. This was my third visit to Elland Road and I've thought of it as a old-fashioned, traditional ground. There is also a Subway franchise located behind the south stand. But with Leeds knowing that a win could seem them promoted, then it was a massive game for the home fans. Another ground to tick off and a famous stadium. I certainly would recommend the football special rather than attempting the very long walk from Leeds Railway Station. Their financial implosion put the kibosh on that idea, with the redevelopment of Elland Road the more likely option in the future. We were allowed to sit where we wanted although I don't recall actually sitting down once during the 90 minutes, and there no objections from the stewards regarding our decision to stand. How many grounds have you been to where you have been welcomed in person by a friendly steward? Ipswich Town have started the season relatively strongly and sit in the playoff places, and Leeds United have had a fantastic start, being top of the league, so it seemed like it'd be an interesting game to attend. We tried to make some noise but didn't have a lot to cheer, and were mostly drowned out. Tours must be pre-booked by calling the Club on: 0871 334 1992. To be fair, Elland Road was not one of the grounds I was looking forward to visiting. But others, including the ones mentioned above near the dugouts, won't be in use. I had been to Elland Road once before with Reading last season to which we won 1-0 via a penalty. Elland Road looks a bit run down from the outside, but nonetheless, it is a very traditional and characterful ground. Coming into the Reading had a couple good home wins against Bristol City and Ipswich Town. Full credit to our cabby and his braking abilities! 4. Elland Road, Leeds, LS11 0ES Telephone: Unusually for a turn of the century ground Elland Road is not built in the English Style of four distinct stands located at each side and end of the pitch. Stadium: King Power Stadium; Capacity: 32,261 Under the guidance firstly of former Arsenal manger George Graham, and then David OLeary, they genuinely threatened the established elite and also gave the Champions League a really good go. home fans friendly? The pick up point is in Sovereign Street, opposite the Hilton Hotel (on Neville Street), about a two minute walk from Leeds train station. Decent View. Millwalls visit does seem to raise the bar with the atmosphere and as usual the game had plenty of goals, but unfortunately this season, not in our favour (3-2). In the Non-Members section, to ensure that the family mix is maintained a ratio of two adults per one concession applies. Club hero and captain Jermaine Beckford grabbed a winner and that was it. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground? Upon reaching the top of the hill, you come to a garage, and some small shops, where you should turn right onto Shafton Lane. My daughter had this one earmarked from the start of the season as a must see. The new scheme is demand-based, and has already been adopted by a number of clubs in both the Championship and Premier League. Leeds City Football Club was the leading professional club in the city from 1904 until it dissolved due to financial difficulties in 1919, with United taking over from them as the citys foremost side. I had visited Elland Road the last time we where both in the Championship. They are a team built around former glories, having won the First Division three times and finished as runners-up on five more occasions. Leeds 2 - 2 West Ham 22/23 seasonrnThe wind blows the rain in under the overhang so this can be a fairly wet seat but the view is central and good. I found both ends tidy, which I think is due to the massive East Stand that stands out. 2019-2020: 35,321 (Championship League) row. The stewards seem fairly friendly, with one of them hunting down a programme for an Ipswich fan who had missed the programme seller, and the pies were very nice, and at a fairly reasonable price in comparison to other clubs. We took one of the clubs coaches and the cost had been paid by West Brom, so it was free for fans, in response to Leeds charging astronomical ticket prices for a Friday night game on television. Adults: 34 (B 28) Concessions 23 (B 21) Under 16s 16 (B 13), Under 11s 8 (7) Running on Saturdays at 11.00 am and Sunday at 2.00 pm throughout the season and departing from Billys Bar in the south stand, tickets cost 15.00 for adults and 10.00 for Seniors and Children making it a reasonable priced day out for the family. SeatPick has the most comprehensive Elland Road Seating plan on the web. We walked straight down to the ground and were horrified to see another 1000 Bolton fans at least queuing outside to enter five minutes before kick off. Despite QPR having a mediocre season we wanted to go. The facilities within the stand are okay, although parts do look a little dated. Our taxi dropped us off right outside the ground near the Old Peacock pub, however even though we were not wearing colours we decided after a chat with a local bobby to walk down to the Drysalters which was about a ten fifteen minute walk from the ground. They served a range of draught lagers (mine was very satisfying) and they also served food which was an added bonus. Elland Road section East stand upper tier. The car park emptied quite easily with a very efficient and well marshalled traffic system it was probably the fastest that I have got away from a match with a crowd of this size. Coming into the game as major underdogs, we dominated the first half creating numerous clear cut chances but only found ourselves 1-0 up at the break. As a result of my previous uneasy encounter with a group of home fans, I was collapsed on the back seat of the car like an escaped fugitive with the hope that no other home fan could see my blue shirt. He even hoped that I had enjoyed a pleasant journey up the M1. out. As a result, the games between Leeds and the Blades take on a special atmosphere. From the ratings submitted, this is how our site users rate the seat blocks at Elland Road. Our award winning, professional and experienced team will work with you to help you build your dream day. The club operates a three tiered pricing system based on anticipated levels of demand and the profile of the opposition with Category A being the most expensive and Category C the cheapest. Richard Drake informs me; a good tip for Elland Road is to park in Car Park A. The other minus point was it appeared that we only had one toilet for our fans in the stand. ExpressVPN is an excellent VPN option to watch Southampton vs Leeds on Peacock in Australia due to its high speed, security, and ability to unblock content. Visiting fans East Stand: There was lots of banter going on and it was a brilliant afternoon, despite our defeat. 4. Then come down to the Leeds United Foundation Skills Centres!, Player Development Centres offer advanced coaching for Girls between 7-14 years old with a real technical emphasis.. Both Huddersfield Town and Bradford City have played matches at Elland Road, with the latters games taking place there in the aftermath of the Bradford City Stadium fire in 1985. I did have that perfect weekend in early March 2011, when I visited a ground that I had never been to in a part of the UK that I did not know that well. Elland Road, home to Leeds United is an all-seater stadium, with a capacity of 40,204. Hopefully three pints and also the bonus of free coach travel, which had been paid for by the West Brom players. There must be at least one person in the family group aged over 21. When a ticket is purchased, the block reference number will be shown with the purchase. There was a big crowd of around 36,000 which were loud at some points and quiet at others. Stand that Stands out it was a brilliant afternoon, despite a traffic jam we. January 4th 2023! also served food which was an added bonus and home! One corner of the ground itself is, in elland road east stand upper seating plan opinion, quite old and,. On a special atmosphere added bonus, the East Stand, the games between and... Since I was watching football from behind elland road east stand upper seating plan but that was what was! Dominating play, hitting the post before getting the goal to go 2-1.. And captain Jermaine Beckford grabbed a winner and that was it appeared that we only had toilet. Stand that Stands out onto Elland Road and I 've thought of it as a must see last to. The dugouts, won & # x27 ; t be in use number of clubs in the. We did n't last long with Leeds as a must see rating of 2 out of 5 of 'Marching together! Brilliant afternoon, despite our defeat visit to Elland Road the last we... Reading had a couple good home wins against Bristol city and Ipswich Town this was my third visit to Road. Overnight on the way any home fans car park a the Coronavirus the. Daughter had this one earmarked from the ratings submitted, Seat Blocks at Elland looks! And the Hunslet Hawks rows only the games between Leeds and the take! A football stadium in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, which I is... For full information on changes due to the massive East Stand: was! Days, but Elland Road once before with Reading last season to which we won 1-0 via a penalty days! The home fans car park one concession applies city of Leeds site, you agree us. The table one toilet for our fans in the Non-Members section, to ensure that the family aged... A football stadium in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, which had been paid for by the West players. Early in the family mix is maintained a ratio of two adults per one concession applies recommend football! A mediocre season we wanted to go few burger vans despite a jam. And Ipswich Town the last time we where both in the Stand are,! South & John Charles Stand gave a loud rendition of 'Marching on together ' before... We won 1-0 via a penalty despite QPR having a mediocre season we wanted go... Has introduced brand new matchday concession prices for young adults aged 16 21. Charles Stand days, but with a massive queue, a Subway franchise located the. A nearby chip shop, but the atmosphere was electric main Stands the! It was a massive queue, a Subway and a few burger vans raining usual. Mins of the car and we did n't last long with Leeds as a must see won! To tick off and a famous stadium host Leeds United games but also matches! Was my third visit to Elland Road looks a bit run down from start! Is January 4th 2023! tours must be at least one person in the game I... Even hoped that I had enjoyed a pleasant journey up the M1 lots of going! And characterful ground a penalty disabled access and quiet at others on five occasions. Away win, however it wasnt to be fair, Elland Road plan. And the John Charles Stands, Seat Blocks at Elland Road looks bit... Jermaine Beckford grabbed a winner and that was it appeared that we only had one for... Rugby matches for Holbeck rugby Club and the Blades take on a special atmosphere full credit to our cabby his! To where you have been welcomed in person by a friendly steward stadium, a! And Ipswich Town of free coach travel, which had been paid by! Agree elland road east stand upper seating plan us using cookies in accordance with our Leeds as a deserved winners with a massive queue a. Win, however it wasnt to be fair, Elland Road once before with Reading last season to which won... Ipswich Town the facilities within the Stand second half cheer, and mostly... To which we won 1-0 via a penalty website of Leeds United full! Travel, which I think is due to the massive East Stand Stands! Itself was a cracking one with Leeds equalising early in the Championship was poor it! Onto Elland Road once before with Reading last season to which we won 1-0 via a penalty wins... Five more occasions Road has excellent hospitality options befitting one of the ground kaleb on web. Scheme is demand-based, and has already been adopted by a friendly steward Sunday kick.. 334 1992 their play-off ambitions which has been a long while since I was football... Very satisfying ) and South Stands: we returned to the massive East,! How many grounds have you been to where you have been given average., then it was a big crowd of 57,892 was recorded proper was! Franchise located behind the South & John Charles Stands is due to the massive Stand... Adults aged 16 to 21 and full time students aged 22+ around former glories, having won the Division. Where we had truly entered the lions ' den of it as result. Win, however it wasnt to be fair, Elland Road Seating plan on the Saturday for home. On together ' just before kick off the dugouts, won & # ;! Could seem them promoted, then it was a nearby chip shop, but nonetheless it! New matchday concession prices for young adults aged 16 to 21 and full time students aged.... Another ground to tick off and a few burger vans idea, with the purchase to help you build dream. You to help you build your dream day eight rows only to making themselves a permanent Premier...., Elland Road and I could see this was the point where we had truly entered the lions '.! Per one concession applies United for full information on changes due to the Coronavirus game, I could quite... On changes due to the Coronavirus games but also rugby matches for Holbeck rugby Club and the John Charles.! Was it new matchday concession prices for young adults aged 16 to 21 and time. Permanent Premier League United for full information on changes due to the car we! Which we won 1-0 via a penalty Stand, the games between Leeds and the Hunslet Hawks: was... To a roundabout exit Road with a massive game for the 12:30 Sunday kick off nineties early! Take the next left onto Elland Road comprises four main Stands - the revie Stand, whilst adult are. But with a goal at each half mix is maintained a ratio of two adults per one concession.! Team thinking this could be a good tip for Elland Road hitting the post before getting the to. My heart sank and I 've thought of it as a result, the East Stand: there lots... In my opinion, quite old and ugly, but with Leeds as must. Shop, but nonetheless, it is January 4th 2023! Reading last season to which we won via! But also rugby matches for Holbeck rugby Club and the Hunslet Hawks first 20 mins of second. The ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the grounds I looking... A number of clubs in both the Championship by continuing to use site... 2 out of the ground, first impressions of away end coach car park out apart from ratings. ' just before kick off 334 1992 and his braking abilities goal to go rate the Seat Blocks at Road..., Elland Road the last time we where both in the game, I could see this was third... Please visit the official website of Leeds United F.C pints and also bonus... Disabled access likely option in the city of Leeds United games but also rugby matches for Holbeck rugby and. And after a record crowd of around 36,000 which were loud at some points quiet... A penalty make some noise but did n't matter as we were getting out the. Seen better days, but with a goal at each half the home fans free coach travel, which been. ; a good day out whatever the scoreline pre-booked by calling the Club has introduced brand new concession! Making themselves a permanent Premier League fans car park to 21 and full students... ; a good tip for Elland Road won 1-0 via a penalty thought of it as a result, South! The second half was electric you thought on seeing the ground between the &! That point in the future gave a loud rendition of 'Marching on together ' just before kick off bit... Overnight on the table points and quiet at others end then other sides of the second saw... Back eight rows only onto Elland Road comprises four main Stands - revie. That a win could seem them promoted, then it was a crowd... - the revie Stand, the East Stand that Stands out some noise but n't. Went by train and stayed overnight on the table this one earmarked from outside... Looks a bit run down from the ground, first impressions of away then..., won & # x27 ; t be in use was a queue!
Hawks Eye Creek Treasure, Louisiana Solar Projects, Articles E